There is no written account on the history of Barangay Poblacion East but it could be assumed that its history, being at the center of the municipality, iss congruous with the town’s historical background. The town, which was founded by the Spaniards in the year 1689, was formally established in 1933 when the Governor General granted a license to the community. The town was formerly a wilderness inhabited by Aetas ruled by an Aeta woman chieftain who established the seat of her kingdom in a place now called Binmantay located at the eastern portion of the barangay.
Years later, some Malays who migrated to the Philippines and settled in the !locos Region, and who were later called llocanos, moved southward to Pangasinan and those who reached this eastern part were met with hostility by the Aetas. The Aetas were later forced to retreat and moved eastward to a place now called Binmantay nad later fled to the mountain fastness of the Sierra Madre Mountain.
The settlers found the place to very fertile and full of promise so that they also became hostile to other people who tried to come and settle. The hostile attitude (in Ilocano is naasing) had waned ass the years passed until the people from neighboring towns and provinces came and made the place their permanent domicile.