RESOLUTION NO. 09, S-2020
GUIDELINES ON THE MOVEMENT OF MINORS AND SENIOR CITIZENS AND REITERATION OF ENFORCED CURFEW IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF ASINGAN, PANGASINAN
WHEREAS, it is the declared policy of the State to promote and protect the right to health of its citizens and instill health consciousness among them as mandated by Article 2, Section 15 of the 1987 Constitution;
WHEREAS, the IATF-MEID Economic Development Cluster through Resolution No. 76 recommended the further gradual reopening of the economy in increments proportional to the healthcare capacity of the country;
WHEREAS, on October 16, the age-based stay-at-home restrictions have been lifted by the IATF while on October 21, the ban on non-essential travels was removed, allowing persons aged 16-65 to go out of their homes for any purpose, subject to strict requirements and minimum public health standards;
WHEREAS, although the Province of Pangasinan, and subsequently the Municipality of Asingan, remained under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) as per the Revised Omnibus Guidelines dated October 8, there is still significant number of CoViD-19 infections with approx. 1,500 daily additional cases—an alarming rate that cannot be underestimated and pushed aside;
WHEREAS, despite being CoViD-19-free at the moment, the Municipality of Asingan is still burdened by suspect and probable cases that strain our local healthcare system in terms of contact tracing and general operations and creates anxiety and panic among our constituents;
NOW, THEREFORE, on motion of Coun. MARIVIC S. ROBENIOL, duly seconded by PMAJ LEONARD B. ZACARIAS, it was
RESOLVED, AS IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED, that the Municipality of Asingan shall adopt the following guidelines on the movement of minors and senior citizens, specifically:
MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE
1) Children and minors aged 14 and below are RESTRICTED to go outside of their residence.
2) Minors aged 15-17 are now ALLOWED to go outside provided they are accompanied by their parents/guardians.
3) Residents aged 18-65 are now ALLOWED to go outside of residences primarily to access basic goods, report to work, or attend to indispensable/emergency situations.
4) Senior citizens aged 66 & above are RESTRICTED to go outside of their residence.
5) People whose health is at risk due to co-morbidity (hypertension, diabetes), immunodeficiency, or dreaded diseases must remain indoors.
To better enforce minimum public health and safety standards, curfew will remain in effect from 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM the next day.
APPROVED unanimously this 20th day of October 2020.