EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 035, S-2020
IMPOSING TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF PRIVATE AND PUBLIC CEMETERIES, MEMORIAL PARKS, AND BURIAL SITES IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF ASINGAN, PANGASINAN ON OCTOBER 31 TO NOVEMBER 1 & 2, 2020 IN VIEW OF ENFORCING MINIMUM PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS AMID THE COVID-19 THREAT
WHEREAS, it is the declared policy of the State to promote and protect the right to health of its citizens as mandated by Article 2, Section 15 of the 1987 Constitution, and the exercise of necessary, appropriate, and incidental powers by the Local Government Units (LGUs) for the efficient and effective promotion of the general welfare, specifically health and safety of their constituents as mandated by Section 16 of Republic Act No. 7160 or the Local Government Code of 1991;
WHEREAS, Proclamation No. 929 (series of 2020) enjoined Local Government Units to render full assistance and cooperation and mobilize necessary resources to undertake critical, urgent, and appropriate response and measures in a timely manner to curtail and eliminate the threat of COVID-19;
WHEREAS, RA No. 11469 or the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act was enacted to place the country in a state of National Emergency due to the threat of COVID-19. Under the Act, LGUs are mandated to act within the letter and spirit of all rules, regulations, and directives issued by the National Government and to exercise autonomy in matters undefined by law to implement community quarantine policies and address concerns relative to the COVID-19 response operations;
WHEREAS, the National Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IAT1-LMEID) issued Resolution Nos. 66 and 67 (series of 2020) which effectively placed Region I under Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) from September 1 to 30, 2020 wherein LGUs are directed to observe strict enforcement of minimum public health standards such as physical distancing, wearing of face masks, and proper hand hygiene;
WHEREAS, as of September 16, 2020, the municipality has reported two (2) active COVID-19 cases, eight (8) active suspect/probable cases, and 264 ongoing PUMs. This compelled the Asingan Task Force to recommend in its September 16, 2020 meeting the imposition of guidelines/protocols during the observance of Undas under the New Normal;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Engr. CARLOS F. LOPEZ, JR, Municipal Mayor, premises considered, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the TEMPORARY CLOSURE of private and public cemeteries, memorial parks, and burial sites within the territorial jurisdiction of the Municipality of Asingan on October 31 to November 1 & 2, 2020 in view of enforcing minimum public health and safety standards.
EO NO. 035, S-2020/TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF PRIVATE & PUBLIC CEMETERIES
SECTION 1. GENERAL GUIDELINES
1. Allowed Day and Time of Visit. In order to prohibit influx of people in public and private cemeteries, memorial parks, and burial sites, the public is encouraged to visit their departed beloved starting October 1 to 30, 2020. The Public Cemetery, Catholic Cemetery, Heaven’s Gate Memorial Park, and other burial sites will strictly accommodate 1/5 of their normal capacity and shall open one (1) gate only for the ingress and egress of visitors; 2. Regular Disinfection and Sanitation. Visitation shall be from Mondays to Sundays from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The LGU Disinfection Team/owner of the private cemetery shall conduct regular disinfection and sanitation of their respective buildings, facilities, and vicinities frequented by people by 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM;
3. Limited Time of Stay. The visiting public will only be given two (2) hours to pay respect to their dearly departed to prevent crowding and observe the sacredness of the holiday;
4. Clustering of Visits per Barangay. Controlled visitation shall be implemented wherein each of the 21 barangays are allotted visitation days depending on the resident population starting October 1, 2020, the clustered visitation schedules are as follows:
October 1 & 2, 2020 Brgy. Bantog
October 3 & 4, 2020 Brgy. Domanpot
October 5 & 6, 2020 Brgys. Cabalitian & Ariston East
October 7 & 8, 2020 Brgy. Palaris
October 9 & 10, 2020 Brgy. Calepaan
October 11 & 12, 2020 Brgys. San Vicente East & San Vicente West
October 13 & 14, 2020 Brgy. Sobol
October 15 & 16, 2020 Brgys. Carosucan Sur & Coldit
October 17 & 18, 2020 Brgys. Ariston West & Sanchez
October 19 & 20, 2020 Brgys. Macalong & Dupac
October 21 & 22, 2020 Brgy. Baro
October 23 & 24, 2020 Brgys. Poblacion East & Poblacion West
October 25 & 26, 2020 Brgys. Toboy & Bobonan
October 27 & 28, 2020 Brgys. Carosucan Norte
October 29 & 30, 2020 Non-resident visitors from low-risk (MGCQ) towns/provinces Public and Private Cemeteries, Memorial Parks, and Burial Sites are closed to the public
5. Pass Slip. Only two (2) members of the household are allowed to visit the cemetery, who must secure a pass slip from their respective barangays. Barangays will issue a color-coded pass slip to household members who must bear valid IDs or proof of residence. As per the issuance of IATF-MEID and COVID SHIELD, the following are not allowed to go out and visit the cemetery:
a. Children and minors (21 years old and below)
b. Senior citizens (60 years old and above)
c. Pregnant women, and d. People who have health risks and comorbidities.
6. Special Pass. Non-resident visitors are allowed to visit on October 29 and 30, 2020 provided they secure a special pass from the Triage Area in the Municipal Isolation Unit (beside Angela V. Ramos National High School, Macalong). Likewise, they will need to present complete and documentary requirements, namely: a. Medical Clearance Certification from LGU of Origin (original copy); b. Travel Authority from LGU/Police Station of Origin (original copy); and c. Valid IDs or any proof of identification/residence.
7. Ambulant vendors. Selling of candles, flowers, and food is not allowed within the vicinity of cemeteries. This is to give way to emergency responders and public safety officers in case of emergencies. The public is instead urged to make early purchase and necessary preparation and bring with them personal articles such as refreshments, PPE set, candles, flowers, etc.; and
8. Prohibited items. The public is strictly forbidden to bring sharp objects, firearms and weapons, alcoholic beverages and flammable materials, gambling materials, and loud sound system.
SECTION 2. MINIMUM PUBLIC HEALTH STANDARDS
The PNP Asingan, BFP Asingan, POSG, and all concerned LGU employees and Barangay personnel are directed to enforce strict implementation of minimum public health and safety standards such as 1-meter physical distancing, wearing of face mask and face shield, and proper hand hygiene. Non-compliance may entail refusal of entry, fines and penalties, and other applicable case pursuant to related laws and issuances.
ECTION 3. EFFECTIVITY
This Order shall take effect immediately and shall remain in force until or unless subsequently amended/revoked/revised.
DONE in the Municipality of Asingan, Pangasinan this 17th day of September 2020.