EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 0015, S-2021
AMENDING EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 14, SERIES OF 2021, TO PRESCRIBE SUPPLETORY GUIDELINES ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF HEALTH MEASURES IN VIEW OF MGCQ RISK CLASSIFICATION OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF ASINGAN, PANGASINAN
WHEREAS, it is the declared policy of the State to promote and protect the right to health of its citizens as mandated by Article 2, Section 15 of the 1987 Constitution, and the exercise of necessary, appropriate, and incidental powers by the Local Government Units (LGUs) for the efficient and effective governance, and those which are essential to the promotion of the general welfare as embodied in Section 16 of the Republic Act No. 7160 or the Local Government Code;
WHEREAS, Section 444(b)(1)(vii) of the Local Government Code authorizes the Local Chief Executive to carry out such emergency measures as may be necessary during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities;
WHEREAS, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) issued the Omnibus Guidelines for the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines, which was updated on 3 April 2021, which prescribes health and quarantine protocols for the different quarantine classifications in the country;
WHEREAS, as of 11 April 2021, the Department of Health reported 11,681 recorded positive cases now swelled to 864,868 Coronavirus infections nationwide; while the Municipality of Asingan has recorded an alarming spike in additional Covid-19 cases, now at total of 106;
WHEREAS, it is imperative to implement additional measures to ensure the utmost health and safety of our constituency now that Covid-19 variants have been reported and detected among the metropolitan population who will likely travel to provinces and towns unless restrictions are set in place;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Engr. CARLOS F. LOPEZ, JR., Municipal Mayor of Asingan, Pangasinan, premises considered, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby Amend Executive Order No. 14- 2021, Prescribing Suppletory Guidelines on the Implementation of Health Measures in View of MGCQ Risk Classification of the Municipality of Asingan, Pangasinan.
SECTION 1. GENERAL GUIDELINES.
1. Strict observance of minimum public health and safety protocols:
a. For individuals: wearing of face mask and face shields, physical distancing, hand and respiratory hygiene, and actively seeking correct and relevant information on Covid-19;
b. For establishments: proper contact tracing, compliance with national and local rules.
2. Age-based stay-at-home restriction is enforced. Any person below 15 years old and above 65 years old, those with comorbidities, health risks, and immunocompromised must stay at home, except for emergencies or to obtain essential supplies. (Source: IATF Resolution No. 103-2021, PGO EO No. 0027-2021, Asingan Task Force Resolution No. 02-2021).
3. In order to balance the local economy without compromising health and safety, the municipality will implement curfew hours from 9:00 PM to 4:00 AM the next morning, subject to the concurrence of the Pangasinan Provincial Office by way of executive order or issuance.
4. Travelers from MECQ areas (NCR, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, Rizal, Santiago City in Isabela, Quirino, and Abra) and critical/special concern areas shall be denied entry into the municipality, except for essential travels by APORs, emergency/humanitarian cases, and movement of indispensable supplies.
a. Travelers from MECQ and critical/special concern areas who will gain entry into the municipality are required to present a negative RT-PCR test taken seven (7) days prior the arrival AND must undergo health evaluation at the Triage Area (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday) or at Rural Health Unit and their respective barangay (after office hours, weekends, and holidays);
b. Travelers from GCQ (CAR; Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya; Batangas, Quezon; Tacloban City; Iligan City; Davao City; and Lanao del Sur) and MGCQ areas must report to the Triage Area/RHU and barangay for health evaluation. Asymptomatic travelers may be allowed to go home while travelers who exhibit Covid-19-related symptoms shall undergo appropriate testing and/or quarantine;
c. Travelers need not present/obtain Travel Authority, Medical Clearance Certificate, or Letter of Acceptance.
5. Any person from Asingan shall not be allowed to travel to areas declared under MECQ and critical/special concern risk classifications.
6. The following activities shall remain prohibited effective 12-30 April 2021:
a. Cockpit operations and cockfighting in the barangays pursuant to PNP PRO I Memorandum dated 10 April 2021;
b. Operation of videoke and karaoke in public places and outside of residence;
c. Conduct of contact sports and other forms of sporting events that gather crowd; and
d. All mass gatherings while face-to-face meetings, conventions, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE) are highly discouraged. Religious gatherings are allowed only if the participants are limited to 50% seating/venue capacity in concurrence with and strict monitoring of the local government, the PNP Asingan, and the barangays.
7. The PNP and the LGU’s authorized force multipliers shall setup checkpoints at the border and conduct barangay patrols to ensure compliance with health protocols, including symptom checks and the prescribed 50% capacity limit of vehicles and wearing of facemasks (if driver is not alone inside the vehicle).
8. Holding of weddings, baptisms, and funeral services shall be limited to 50% of venue capacity. Funeral wakes or lamay shall be limited to three (3) days only with a limited number of people allowed to participate in the funeral procession.
9. Barangay officials are directed to monitor compliance with the provisions of this Order including community patrolling, monitoring celebrations and gatherings, information dissemination, coordination, and recording of arrivals through their respective BHERTs.
SECTION 2. SUPPLETORY GUIDELINES.
1. The ban on retail of liquor and alcoholic beverages is hereby lifted, provided that consumption shall strictly follow minimum public health and safety measures, and subject to the rules and regulations of the existing Municipal and Barangay Ordinances.
SECTION 3. EFFECTIVITY.
This Executive Order shall take effect immediately until 30 April 2021.
DONE this 12th day of April 2021 in the Municipality of Asingan, Pangasinan, Philippines.