EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 0014, S-2021
EXTENDING THE EFFECTIVITY OF STRICTER IMPLEMENTATION OF HEALTH PROTOCOLS AND SPECIAL GUIDELINES UNDER EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 0012-2021 IN THE MUNICIPALITY OF ASINGAN, PANGASINAN
WHEREAS, it is the declared policy of the State to promote and protect the right to health of its citizens as mandated by Article 2, Section 15 of the 1987 Constitution, and the exercise of necessary, appropriate, and incidental powers by the Local Government Units (LGUs) for the efficient and effective governance, and those which are essential to the promotion of the general welfare as embodied in Section 16 of the Republic Act No. 7160 or the Local Government Code;
WHEREAS, Section 444(b)(1)(vii) of the Local Government Code authorizes the Local Chief Executive to carry out such emergency measures as may be necessary during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities;
WHEREAS, the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-MEID) issued the Omnibus Guidelines for the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines, which was updated on 11 February 2021, which prescribes health and quarantine protocols for the different quarantine classifications in the country;
WHEREAS, as of 06 April 2021, the Department of Health reported 8,355 recorded positive cases now swelled to 803,398 coronavirus infections nationwide; while the Municipality of Asingan has recorded an alarming spike in additional Covid-19 cases, now at total of 98, of which 19 are active cases;
WHEREAS, the Pangasinan Provincial Government issued Executive Order No. 0027-2021, prompted by the issuance of IATF-MEID Resolution Nos. 103 and 104 and the Memorandum from the Executive Secretary dated 21 March 2021, that set in place additional health protocols and measures to address the rising Covid-19 cases in the country, coupled by the anticipated surge of cases during the observance of Holy Week. The effectivity of the same was extended by way of Executive Order No. 0030-2021 until 11 April 2021 or until the ECQ classification in the Mega Manila is lifted.
WHEREAS, it is imperative to implement additional measures to ensure the utmost health and safety of our constituency now that Covid-19 variants have been reported and detected among the metropolitan population who will likely travel to provinces and towns unless restrictions are set in place;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Engr. CARLOS F. LOPEZ, JR., Municipal Mayor of Asingan, Pangasinan, premises considered, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby Extend the Effectivity of Stricter Implementation of Health Protocols and Special Guidelines Under Executive Order No. 0012-2021 in the Municipality of Asingan, Pangasinan.
SECTION 1. GENERAL GUIDELINES:
1. Strict observance of minimum public health and safety protocols:
a. For individuals: wearing of face mask and face shields, physical distancing, hand and respiratory hygiene, and actively seeking correct and relevant information on Covid-19;
b. For establishments: proper contact tracing, compliance with national and local rules.
2. Any person below 15 years old and above 65 years old, those with comorbidities, health risks, and immunocompromised must stay at home, except for emergencies or to obtain essential supplies. (IATF Resolution No. 103-2021, PGO EO No. 0027-2021, Asingan Task Force Resolution No. 02-2021).
3. The province-wide curfew remains in effect from 8:00 PM to 4:00 AM the next day. Curfew violators shall be penalized under Provincial Ordinance No. 252-2020.
4. Travelers from ECQ areas (NCR, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal, and Laguna), MECQ (Santiago City, Quirino), and special concern areas shall be denied entry into the municipality, except for essential travels by APORs, emergency/humanitarian cases, and movement of indispensable supplies. (Memorandum from the Executive Secretary dated 21 March 2021).
a. Travelers from ECQ, MECQ, and special concern areas who will gain entry into the municipality are required to present a negative RT-PCR test taken seven (7) days prior the arrival AND must undergo health evaluation at the Triage Area (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday) or at Rural Health Unit and their respective barangay (after office hours, weekends, and holidays);
b. Travelers from MGCQ areas must report to the Triage Area/RHU and barangay for health evaluation. Asymptomatic travelers may be allowed to go home while travelers that exhibit Covid-19-related symptoms shall undergo appropriate testing and/or quarantine;
c. Travelers need not present/obtain Travel Authority, Medical Clearance Certificate, or Letter of Acceptance.
5. Any person from Asingan shall not be allowed to travel to areas declared under ECQ, MECQ, and special concern risk classifications.
6. The following activities shall remain prohibited until 11 April 2021 or until the ECQ classification in the “NCR Plus” Bubble is lifted:
a. Selling and consumption of alcoholic beverages in public places including in areas outside the confines of residences such as terraces and front/backyard. All Punong Barangays are instructed to conduct information dissemination of the liquor ban and coordinate with the PNP Asingan in apprehending businesses and individuals.
b. Operation of videoke and karaoke in public places and outside of residence.
c. All cockfighting in the barangays and cockpit operations (IATF-MEID Resolution No. 104-2021)
d. Conduct of contact sports and other forms of sporting events that gather crowd.
7. The PNP and the LGU’s authorized force multipliers shall setup checkpoints at the border and conduct barangay patrols to ensure compliance of health protocols, including symptom checks and the prescribed 50% capacity limit of vehicles and wearing of facemasks (if driver is not alone inside the vehicle). (Provincial EO No. No. 0027-2021).
8. All mass gatherings shall remain prohibited while face-to-face meetings, conventions, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE) are highly discouraged. Religious gatherings are allowed only if the participants are limited to 50% seating/venue capacity in concurrence with and strict monitoring of the local government, the PNP Asingan, and the barangays.
9. Holding of weddings, baptisms, and funeral services shall be limited to 10 persons only. Funeral wakes or lamay shall be limited to three (3) days only with a limited number of people allowed to participate in the funeral procession.
10. Barangay officials are directed to monitor compliance with the provisions of this Order including community patrolling, monitoring celebrations and gatherings, information dissemination, coordination with the LGU, RHU, and the PNP, and recording of arrivals through their respective BHERTs.
SECTION 2. EFFECTIVITY
This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Let copies hereof be furnished to all concerned for information, reference, and guidance.
DONE this 6th day of April 2021 in the Municipality of Asingan, Pangasinan, Philippines.